Saturday, May 30, 2009

Heck Yeah!!!! We Won!!!!

Today was the Trashion Show at the Home Emporium. It was so exciting. I woke up bright and early, well for me anyway, and headed to Austin Kade Academy to get my model ready for the big event. It was more like playing than working. I love that about my job. Anyway, I got her makeup on and then Niki helped with the hair and assembling the bubble
wrap dress. It was an experience we hope to have again for
sure. We went and got in line for the show to begin and when
the music started everyone got pumped. One by one the
models came on stage to strut their stuff. As soon as they announced the 3 finalists the audience was told they would decide the winner by how loud the applause would be. So at that point I knew Niki and I had won. We have very loud family and friends. We won a $200 gift card to the mall and bragging rights for a whole year. I think the latter is pretty dang cool. Here are a few pictures and there is a little clip of the show on www.localnews8.com if you want a peek.

4 comments:

{ Lana Cox } said...

Awesome, way to go! Her makeup looks great!

Derek and Sheena said...

Yay!! I saw that in the newspaper and was way excited for you. She looks adorable! Way proud of you!

STRATTON FAMILY said...

It was so fun to go to that and exspecially cool because you won. Congrats your amazing.

The McClellan Family said...

Awesome Heather! You are so talented! Wish I could have been there!